It doesn't get better than this!! KAYAK, PADDLE, VEST... and a MOTOR!!!! FAST, STABLE and FUN. Would you rather paddle or fish?
-Viking Profish Reload Kayak
-Bixpy J-2 Outboard Kit
-Viking Quickswap rudder
-Bending Branches Scout Angler Paddle
-Yukon Life Jacket
Grant (the owner of Viking Kayaks) who recently used this combo at a fishing competition had this to say:
"Fishing from a Viking RELOAD with the new Bixpy electric jet was an absolute game changer. This weapon has blown my mind, no more struggling against wind, tide, and currents, giving you a stable and more enjoyable fishing adventure, this is the perfect combo for any fisher, you want one, trust me - YOU NEED ONE!”
Combine Viking Kayaks high performance and innovative Profish Reload fishing kayak with Bixpy jet, the world’s most advanced water propulsion system, and you get the ultimate kayak fishing platform for all environments.
The compact yet incredibly powerful Bixpy Jet electric motor will help take your adventures further for less effort and more efficiently than any other form of kayak propulsion on the market.
- Runs for approximately 80 minutes at top speed and up to 12 hours at slower speeds
- Ultralight setup (weighs just 9 lb including battery and motor)
- Operates via wireless remote control with 12 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds
- Waterproof and dirt-proof with corrosion-resistant components
- Outboard Power Pack and remote control floats in case of accidental slippage
- Built in wire harness with 1.5m (5') power cable included for hassle free connection to your adapter
Truly hands-free control with our Viking foot-controlled rudder system, hold into wind or current without interrupting your fishing which is particularly useful when holding over fish or up against structure.
The Viking Profish kayak will be fitted with the Viking Uphaul System to avoid damaging the motor in shallow water and with the Viking Quick Swap kit you can swap between rudder and motor in seconds.
**The photo shows the optional battery position fitted on the bow, You need to buy the Battery extension kit if you would like the battery mounted up front. The standard package comes with the battery clipped in the rear well**
No trailers no boat ramps, no fuel, just pure stealth and efficiency.
The advantages of the Bixpy over pedal powered kayaks are many, but the main things you will enjoy are:
- Light weight at 57lbs (pedal kayaks are often over 100lbs - try lifting that onto your car!)
- Totally hands free (pedal kayaks require one hand to control the rudder steering)
- Able to hold into the wind or current by turning the rudder left or right - pedal kayaks are driven from the middle of the kayak, not the rear - this means as soon as the wind pushes you off your holding position, you need to pedal in a big circle to try and get back in position (e.g. trying to stay over a good fishing spot)
- Maintenance free brushless motor. Pedal drives have many moving parts and bearings that need maintenance.
- The Bixpy powered Viking Profish reload is very easy to paddle if you want to.
This is because your seating position is lower, therefore the kayak doesn't need to be so wide to feel stable.
Pedal kayaks, due to needing a raised seat that is adjustable for different leg lengths to reach the pedals, need to be very wide to feel stable enough. This makes for a heavy and difficult kayak to paddle which also gets pushed around in wind due to being high sided.
- The cockpit is still free for a Tackle Pod to carry your fishing gear or other items you want quick and easy access to - pedal drive kayaks have this valuable space taken up with the pedal drive units. (Fishing lines, especially braid, love to get tangled around pedals)